Welcome!

This blog will serve as a collection of favorite recipes, submitted on a weekly basis, by the MoMs of The Bump Multiples forum. I hope that this will serve as a place us MoMs to find tried and true, easy, family meals!

Some are our own, while some are variations or spins on other recipes. Then again, some are straight up ripped off from somewhere, but we'll do our best to give credit where credit is due!

This blog is a work in progress, and also my first real attempt at blogging, so be patient with me as I learn the ropes, and compile all of your recipes. If you have any tips or advice to share along the way, please feel free to share them with me!

Hope you enjoy!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Taco Soup

This recipe was submitted on June 10th by heather92708

I LOVE using my crockpot, so I try to use it 1-2x/wk for easy meals.
This recipe was found at crockpot365.blogspot.com

Taco Soup
 2 cans of kindey beans
2 cans of pinto beans
--2 cans of corn
--1 large can of diced tomatoes
--1 can tomatoes and chiles
--1 packet taco seasoning (if you are gluten free, stick to McCormick)
--1 packet ranch dressing mix (make sure there isn't hidden gluten, I went with Hidden Valley)
--1 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger (optional.)
--shredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment (optional, unless you're in my house. then it's mandatory.

The Directions:
brown meat if you are going to use it
--drain fat and add to crockpot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)
--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
--drain and rinse the beans and add
--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
--stir.
cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5.
I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low.
Stir well, and serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment