Welcome!

This blog will serve as a collection of favorite recipes, submitted on a weekly basis, by the MoMs of The Bump Multiples forum. I hope that this will serve as a place us MoMs to find tried and true, easy, family meals!

Some are our own, while some are variations or spins on other recipes. Then again, some are straight up ripped off from somewhere, but we'll do our best to give credit where credit is due!

This blog is a work in progress, and also my first real attempt at blogging, so be patient with me as I learn the ropes, and compile all of your recipes. If you have any tips or advice to share along the way, please feel free to share them with me!

Hope you enjoy!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Banana Coconut Muffins

This recipe was submitted on June 10 by 123pcb

Muffins have been my go to pregnancy snack, especially when dealing with nausea. I try to make them healthy, but that doesn't always work...here is a recipe I tried a while ago and it is delicious. Banana Coconut Muffins  - Coconut has been a number one craving for me.

The recipe can also be viewed on 123pcb's blog with lovely photos of her cooking assistant ;)

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (3/4 cup)
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 tbs coconut milk
How I changed the recipe - I added cardamom and coconut milk to the recipe. I think this made the recipe.
Preheat the oven to 375. Mix bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, butter and coconut milk in a mixer. Then fold in the sifted flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Last, fold in a 1/2 cup of coconut. Used lined muffin tins, sprinkle with remaining coconut and bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool for five before you burn your mouth off tasting the deliciousness. Good luck with that wait. I still can't say the word Yes without is sounding like Yeth thanks to my patience that only let me wait 2 minutes to try them.

Tips:
I mashed the bananas up. I do this with banana bread too so that you don't have to over mix the batter to get all the banana mashed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment