Welcome!

This blog will serve as a collection of favorite recipes, submitted on a weekly basis, by the MoMs of The Bump Multiples forum. I hope that this will serve as a place us MoMs to find tried and true, easy, family meals!

Some are our own, while some are variations or spins on other recipes. Then again, some are straight up ripped off from somewhere, but we'll do our best to give credit where credit is due!

This blog is a work in progress, and also my first real attempt at blogging, so be patient with me as I learn the ropes, and compile all of your recipes. If you have any tips or advice to share along the way, please feel free to share them with me!

Hope you enjoy!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Panko Crusted Salmon

This recipe was submitted on June 10th by Amanda31H

I made this for dinner last night- it's my latest go-to recipe.  I use whole wheat Panko so it's a bit healthier, and you can use olive oil or nonstick cooking spray instead of oil to cut back on the calories.
My girls love this!!
Panko Crusted Salmon
2/3 cup Panko
2 tbsp minced parsley
1 tsp lemon zest
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
4 (6 to 8 oz) salmon fillets, skin on
2 tbsp dijon mustard (I use a little more than this)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In small bowl mix panko, parsley, zest, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and olive oil.  Stir until crumbs are evenly coated.
Place salmon skin side down on a board.  Generously brush tops of filets with dijon mustard.  Press panko mixture thickly on toop of mustard on each filet.  (mustard helps the panko stick)
Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet or heavy ovenproof skillet.  When the oil is very hot, add the filets, skin side down and sear for 3-4 minutes, without turning to brown the skin.
Transfer the pan to a hot oven for 7-15 minutes (depends on how thick filets are) until the salmon is cooked through (should be opaque).

No comments:

Post a Comment