View the original recipe here
- 1 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup buttermilk, (can be made with 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 c milk)
- ½ cup strawberries,chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Jam or Preserves
2) In a large bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, until it resembles a coarse meal.
3) In a smaller bowl whisk together egg yolk and buttermilk. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until dough starts to pull together.
4) Fold in chocolate chips and strawberries and roll out onto a floured surface.
5) Pat dough into a large square and spread jam or preserves evenly over dough. Fold dough in have so that jam is in the middle of the dough. Pat into a large square, and cut into squares again, then triangles
6) Place triangles on cookie sheet and place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes
7) Once cooled place in sandwich bags, or all in gallon bag.
8) To serve: Reheat in microwave or toaster oven.
These freeze easily, and thaw nicely in the microwave.