Welcome!

This blog will serve as a collection of favorite recipes, submitted on a weekly basis, by the MoMs of The Bump Multiples forum. I hope that this will serve as a place us MoMs to find tried and true, easy, family meals!

Some are our own, while some are variations or spins on other recipes. Then again, some are straight up ripped off from somewhere, but we'll do our best to give credit where credit is due!

This blog is a work in progress, and also my first real attempt at blogging, so be patient with me as I learn the ropes, and compile all of your recipes. If you have any tips or advice to share along the way, please feel free to share them with me!

Hope you enjoy!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Cuban Sloppy Joes

This recipe was submitted on June 10th by monkski

My absolute favorite thing is my adaptation of Rachael Ray's cuban sloppy joes. Her recipe took too long, so I shortened it up and I don't notice a difference in the taste. Plus, I don't know any measurements since I've made it so often....I just throw stuff in. So I will take a guess, but if you make this, just do a few taste tests here and there and decide if you need more of something.
 1 pound of ground turkey or beef
1 can of beans - I usually use black
1 can of diced tomatoes (including juice) - 16 oz
I small can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
diced onions
chopped green olives
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons of McCormicks Grill seasoning (I use a palmful)
4-5 cloves of garlic - minced
shredded cheddar cheese
diced dill pickles

brown the meat and sautee the onions and garlic at the same time. dump all the other ingredients in (except the green olives) and cook till hot. You can let it simmer awhile if you need to thicken it up at all. throw in the diced olives near the end.
Sometimes I just put the meat over a salad, noodles or spaghetti squash and other times on a bun. Top with cheddar and pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment