This recipe was submitted by AlishaMay on July 1st
I thought I would share a simple Onion Burger recipe, complete with my tips to minimize patty shrinkage :)
Makes 4 quarter pound hamburgers
1lb 90/10 ground beef (higher fat content contributes to shrinkage)
1 packet Beefy Onion Lipton Soup Mix
3-4 shakes from the Worcestershire bottle.
parchment paper or waxed paper
1. Mix ingredients until just incorporated and divide meet into 4 equal parts
2. Lay 4 squares of waxed paper onto a tray
3. Make hamburger patties that are fairly flat and thin. As they cook the meat will shrink to a bun size patty. Lay the patty on the paper for easy transfer to the grill. Once on the paper make a small indentation in the center of the patty
4. Transfer the patty to the grill using the paper and then peel it off of the top and discard the paper
5. Leave the burgers alone for about 5 minutes (depending on how how your grill is). Resist the urge to squish them, or move them. After 5 minutes flip
6. Again, resist the urge to squish the burger - you're just squeezing out the juicyness, not making it cook any quicker. Allow to finish cooking to your desired doneness .
Some are our own, while some are variations or spins on other recipes. Then again, some are straight up ripped off from somewhere, but we'll do our best to give credit where credit is due!
This blog is a work in progress, and also my first real attempt at blogging, so be patient with me as I learn the ropes, and compile all of your recipes. If you have any tips or advice to share along the way, please feel free to share them with me!
Hope you enjoy!